Purpose can be a real facilitator for growth and profitability. And in turn, growth increases your ability to make impact, while profitability allows the business to serve at a higher level.
It’s a wonderfully virtuous cycle when you get it right.
A beautiful case study of this is Hyphen8, a Salesforce consultancy with a focus on the charity and non-profit sector. As CEO Elaine Forth doubled down on the company’s purpose and focussed in on its ops, they were able to turn a profitability corner and give more at the same time.
How much more? 16% pro-bono time for charities in 2020.
This episode of the Karmic Capitalist podcast with Elaine is packed with founder and scale-up nuggets. Some of the key takeaways include:
- the importance of alignment between the founders on purpose and values
- how aligning business, marketing and ops with purpose both strengthens the business and allows it to contribute more
- how embedding purpose in your sales and qualification processes is essential in times of peak demand
- the importance as a leader of recognising areas where others may do better than you, and allowing them to do it
- how focussing on just making things happen, rather than on gender, drove success for her in a world dominated by men (a lot of resonance here with the earlier episode with Jan Rippingale).
Way too much to summarise. Listen in to this episode of the Karmic Capitalist on your preferred podcast platform.
Subscribe to the Karmic Capitalist podcast on your preferred player below.