Jan Rippingale’s ambitions were never small. At an early age, Jan was looking first to be an astronaut. On the way to president. Ironically, working with John Glenn turned her ambitions away from this, and more towards using technology to create impact.
Her chosen area of impact is to reduce our carbon footprint. And her solution? Software that reduces the cost and complexity of rolling out solar.
Specifically, software that if deployed at scale has the proven potential to eliminate half a billion tons of carbon emissions per annum.
Some great lessons along the way. Some of my favourites:
– Her very practical way to assess what skills to focus her personal development on.
– The power of knowing your impact numbers in detail if you’re to drive change.
– How giving away time and skill to large initiatives maximises impact and creates valuable contacts at a much higher level than you may otherwise access.
– That becoming the centre of gravity for the work she engaged in meant that success followed.
– Have fun, make money, create impact. In that order.
An amazing origin story also of how it was a vision with her daughter that triggered and empowered her to change course and tackle one of the world’s biggest problems.
Fantastic episode. Enjoy.
Subscribe to the Karmic Capitalist podcast on your preferred player below.