“He changed my attitude towards how growth can be achieved”
Inspired by the Bletchley Park code-breakers of World War II, Station10 uses a combination of brain power, experience and technology to break modern-day enigmas and make your data work for you. Founded by David Ellis in 2011, Station10 helps its clients decode their customers’ multichannel behaviour, and turn this knowledge into action.
After a review of their ambitions for Station10, the leadership team was looking to take the company up to the next level, and David contacted Iyas, whom he knew to have successfully led and asssisted values and people-focussed business and technology consultancies through significant scale.
The starting point was a diagnostic to get a deeper understanding of Station10’s current opportunities, and to get to know its key characters and leaders personally and understand their aspirations for the company and for themselves. The diagnostic yielded a number of areas for moving the company forward, not only in terms of process and structure, but for the people within it as well.
After the diagnostic, David and the team collectively decided to work with Iyas to support their ambitions for Station10. A few months in, when the engagement was beyond the promises phase and well into value-realisation, here is what David had to say in his own words were some the key benefits of working with Iyas:
- “Changing my attitude towards how growth can be achieved.
- Helping me to realise that other companies have similar challenges, and I am not going mad!
- Mentoring the senior team to help with their mindset around growth and how to be a leader.
- Providing a valuable sounding board on strategic initiatives.
- Changing our behaviour around delivering strategic projects, increasing our effectiveness.
- Helping us have more “courageous conversations” across the team, meaning we are more open and honest about ourselves individually and collectively, and therefore more productive.
- Assisting me (but also the whole team) through one of the most difficult challenges I have ever had to face in a work environment, so that we came out stronger as a team.”
Iyas’s work is highly collaborative. What has been achieved since his engagement has been achieved through focussed work by the leadership team with mentoring, guidance and advice from Iyas.
Members of the leadership team now have more structured roles to take the company forward, with aligned objectives which cascade up to the company’s ambitions, and have been executing on these roles alongside their day to day client responsibilities. The company has just recorded its highest revenue and profitable quarter, and has doubled in size in 18 months.
Alongside, intensive work has taken place to translate what the core values of Station10 mean when it comes to the team’s day to day work, interfacing with clients, team development and even financial considerations and accounting. All of which has made the foundations deeper, added resilience and put the company on a stronger footing for the growth that it has been experiencing, and which it feels ready to continue for the forseeable future.