Beyond the Quarter's MISSION is to create a world where
Business serves Humanity rather than People serving Business.
We believe that business is a part of the human experience.
That translates to the following 4 core VALUES:
Business is human and its purpose is to make lives better;
Business is a serious endeavour best approached with humour;
Honesty and respect are essential in good relationships and in business;
Progress in life and business are the direct result of applied curiosity.
Beyond the Quarter is a new kind of consultancy. New because:
- We focus on building businesses that are as much about their purpose and values as they are about their commercial success;
- We focus on impact over dogma - we see agile, mentoring, coaching, consulting, training and IP as tools to use to create outcomes, rather than ends in themselves;
- We are online first, but hybrid when needed - bringing the most relevant talent to bear based on fit rather than location.
- We donate 2% of all sales to TreeSisters: women seeding change in order to support their work with complementary initiatives of reforestation, and female leadership.
- We make (interest-free) microloans to female entrepreneurs in developing countries with the tax savings we make from our donations through Lendwithcare.
I'm Iyas, the FOUNDER of Beyond the Quarter. I've led companies from 2 man startup to a team of around 500; from plateaus to rapid growth; from implosion to turnaround; through acquiring and being acquired; through IPO and a high 8-figure trade-sale.
Along the way, I set up a charity that's helped thousands of children in refugee camps, under occupation and in war zones.
All of that happened by focussing on values, on execution, and on having an absurd amount of fun along the way.
Today, with Beyond the Quarter, I use what I've learned to support entrepreneurs and leaders build remarkable companies. Companies that lead with purpose and values, are profitable, create a positive impact and are fun to work in.
- Co-founded a business and technology consultancy;
- Grew it from 2 to 30+ consultants, with clients like Virgin Atlantic, HSBC and Lloyds of London;
- Acquired by a consultancy / full services agency, and joined its board;
- Created community structure to deepen networks, retention and knowledge;
- Led turnaround of our largest team, from imploding to becoming a destination employer;
- On the board as we IPOed on AIM, then as we sold the company to a large corporate for over £40 million;
- Led a team of 500 consultants across Europe post-acquisition;
- Started charity which has taken children from war zones and provided trauma therapy to thousands;
- Supported other companies multiply their revenues and profits while deepening their purpose and values;
- Always with humour.