Beyond the Quarter's MISSION is to create a world where
Business serves Humanity rather than People serving Business.
We believe that business is a part of the human experience.
That translates to the following 4 core VALUES:
Business is human and its purpose is to make lives better;
Business is a serious endeavour best approached with humour;
Honesty and respect are essential in good relationships and in business;
Progress in life and business are the direct result of applied curiosity.
Beyond the Quarter is a new kind of consultancy. New because:
- We focus on building businesses that are as much about their purpose and values as they are about their commercial success;
- We focus on impact over dogma - we see agile, mentoring, coaching, consulting, training and IP as tools to use to create outcomes, rather than ends in themselves;
- We are online first, but hybrid when needed - bringing the most relevant talent to bear based on fit rather than location.
Beyond the Quarter is impact driven
At its most basic, our work is to help business succeed by and while making a positive impact on people and planet. So our business activities contributes directly to the mission we're serving.
In addition, we're undertaking 2 initiatives which align with our core purpose and work of making business better: both commercially and from a purpose and values perspective.
Reforestation and Female Empowerment
Beyond the Quarter has committed to donate 2% of all sales in 2021 to TreeSisters: women seeding change in order to support their important work. We chose to partner with them because the twin initiatives they work on are close to our heart: reforestation, and supporting women's leadership.
Microloans to Female Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries
As our charitable donations to TreeSisters are tax deductible, rather than taking out those tax savings, we're using it all to provide microloans to support female owners of small businesses in developing countries. We're doing this through Lendwithcare. Beyond the Quarter makes no interest on these loans.
I'm Iyas, the FOUNDER of Beyond the Quarter. I've led companies from 2 man startup to a team of around 500; from plateaus to rapid growth; from implosion to turnaround; through acquiring and being acquired; through IPO and a high 8-figure trade-sale.
Along the way, I set up a charity that's helped thousands of children in refugee camps, under occupation and in war zones.
All of that happened by focussing on values, on execution, and on having an absurd amount of fun along the way.
Today, with Beyond the Quarter, I use what I've learned to support entrepreneurs and leaders build remarkable companies. Companies that lead with purpose and values, are profitable, create a positive impact and are fun to work in.
- Co-founded a business and technology consultancy;
- Grew it from 2 to 30+ consultants, with clients like Virgin Atlantic, HSBC and Lloyds of London;
- Acquired by a consultancy / full services agency, and joined its board;
- Created community structure to deepen networks, retention and knowledge;
- Led turnaround of our largest team, from imploding to becoming a destination employer;
- On the board as we IPOed on AIM, then as we sold the company to a large corporate for over £40 million;
- Led a team of 500 consultants across Europe post-acquisition;
- Started charity which has taken children from war zones and provided trauma therapy to thousands;
- Supported other companies multiply their revenues and profits while deepening their purpose and values;
- Always with humour.