Identify your biggest opportunities for growth, scale or profitability, with a typical ROI of between 10x and 30x
In 3 to 5 days over a 2 week period, our Managing Partner will review all key areas of your consultancy and give you a to-the-point actionable list of recommendations to scale, grow or turnaround your organisation.
What does the engagement look like?
Over 3 to 5 days, we’ll cover the key areas for scaling your business. The discussion and analysis is braod-ranging, and we’ll dive deeper into areas that either you or I have concerns. We’ll look at every important aspect of the business.
Such as how you win business; how you track your team; how profitable your deals are and how to improve it; what key measures you have in place to regularly understand how business is going; how effective is your or your team’s leadership of the business; how you recruit, induct, retain and grow your consultants; how you track key project performance metrics and what you do if they go off track; how effectively and intentionally you retain clients; what your ops function does (if you have one); what your P&L looks like and opportunities to improve it; and critically, what values you have in place and how they translate to the work your team does. And a lot more.
Fitting loosely into the following structure:
The goal is to give you a very specific set of actionable recommendations of what it would take to make the biggest impact to your business. The recommendations are in a tight, straight to the point document of no more than 4 or 5 pages. More important than the document, though, are the deep discussions, thought provocations and suggestions throughout the engagement.
Iyas’s bio and experience
- Co-founded a Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse consultancy;
- Grew it to 30+ consultants;
- Primarily blue-chip client base such as Lloyds, Mothercare, Debenhams and Yell.
- Merged into a larger Business and Technology consultancy, in which I took a shareholding stake.
- Took on a board role in merged consultancy to develop our Intellectual Capital;
- Created communities of practice and community days, which were responsible for significant increases in knowledge sharing and capability development.
- As part owner and board director, took over a team of 60 consultants, our largest, in a turnaround scenario;
- Leading with a set of principles focussed on developing our team to become world class, I put in place a structure and practices that reduced consultant churn (i.e. the % leaving us every year) from a disastrous 40% to an industry leading 6%;
- Grew the practice to over 200 consultants, started a practice in India, recruited a support team, recruited a recruiter to overhaul recruitment (too many ‘recruits’ in that sentence?);
- Made us a destination employer so we no longer needed any external recruitment while we grew from 60 to over 200 consultants, and saving well over £1 million in recruitment fees;
- Created an environment where we achieved recognition (ranked 4th Full Services Agency in Europe by Forrester), challenged and grew the best consultants, and (nearly) all enjoyed the ride;
- Created a children’s charity alongside, and aligned our consultancy’s fundraising efforts to it with fun events put on by our operations team.
- Board member and part owner when we were acquired for £42 Million ($84 Million at the time) to kick-start a consulting practice across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Took on the entire EMEA consulting team of nearly 500 ranging from UK to South Africa, Spain to the Middle East;
- Grew and started practices in new territories;
- Left after 3 years to go back to independent companies where I believed the values were more aligned with my own beliefs.
- Founded Beyond the Quarter to work with independent companies looking to grow in a way that is aligned with the founders’ values. Using growth and values to reinforce each other, rather than in opposition.
- Resumed directly supporting consultancies and agencies, the businesses that are closest to my heart and experience.