Build on Purpose Programme
The business-building programme for CEOs of Digital / Tech Consultancies and Agencies
The Build on Purpose programme is a 12 month business building programme designed for companies to scale beyond the CEO profitably, enjoyably, and based on lived values. A blend of framework, mentoring, and peer mastermind, it is an intentional, practical and human way to make strategy happen – purpose, process, people – and in a volatile 2021.
It is designed for CEOs of Digital / Technology agencies and consultancies with ambitions to scale up with. It works if your aim is to balance (*) profit and purpose; (*) values lived and value created; and (*)work and enjoyment.
CEOs we deal with typically have some combination of the following:
- Organisation not growing as strongly as they’d like, or they’ve hit a plateau
- It feels too hard for the results they’re getting
- There’s too much dependence on the CEO, and the leadership team’s not carrying as much weight as they’d hope
- It’s hard to feel a sense of control
- Too many strategies, too few implemented to conclusion
- Values and Purpose are important, but aren’t as visible or explicit in how the company works as they’re like
- A practical understanding of what’s involved in growing a profitable, values-centred business
- A clear, aligned and effective leadership team structure to deliver scale and strategy
- An approach, templates and agendas to make strategy happen while still running the business
- An approach to making proactive decisions to protect your business short and long term in recession
- Clarity and alignment on the purpose and values of the organisation
- A practical way to embed purpose, values and the environment into how your company runs
- A robust process to attract, recruit, retain and grow the best fit team for your organisation
- Clarity on client revenue splits and strategy and plan to increase revenue from and value provided to existing clients
- A practical process to optimise fee earning, team development and purpose into operations
- Strategies and processes for acquiring the right new clients
- How to maximise value of your delivered projects for your client and your organisation
- How to become a learning organisation so that you are constantly ahead of the curve and improving
- How to realistically factor in development of the right Intellectual Property and use it in meeting your strategic goals
- How the full system comes together for a continually evolving and strengthening organisation
- How to embed and measure the impact your organisation is making towards your overall purpose
The Build on Purpose framework, including the coaching and mentoring, has supported scale and success for a number of consultancies and agencies on a one-to-one basis.
Our founder will be personally delivering it via a combination of live webinars; group and one-to-one sessions; detailed recorded videos, templates and documentation; and peer group masterminds to the CEOs of a small, tightly selected, group of agencies / consultancies. Where relevant, your leadership teams will also be welcome to attend.
Our live sessions will also deal with the messiness that is people – open discussions and suggestions on dealing with the humanity that sits atop the frameworks, and the grey spaces that all leaders face.
The programme will be delivered in 4 quarters over the year. As this is a beta launch, cost will not be an issue (companies that would struggle to fund this would likely be too small to qualify). The key criterion for participation will be company and CEO fit for the programme, and their capacity for engagement.
Quarter 1 – Foundation
The full Build on Purpose programme covers all key areas of managing and scaling a technology or digital agency / consultancy. Although the phasing is subject to small changes, it is sequenced on the basis that each quarter builds on the prior ones, and ends with how to embed a permanent continuous improvement programme so that the organisation can continue to prioritise and improve in the areas which make the greatest impact at any point in time.
About your guide
I’m Iyas, the FOUNDER of Beyond the Quarter. I’ve led tech consultancies and digital agencies from 2 man startup to a team of around 500; from plateaus to rapid growth; from implosion to turnaround; through acquiring and being acquired; through IPO and a high 8-figure trade-sale.
Along the way, I set up a charity that’s helped thousands of children in refugee camps, under occupation and in war zones.
All of that happened by focussing on values, on execution, and on having an absurd amount of fun along the way.
Today, with Beyond the Quarter, I use what I’ve learned and continue to learn to support entrepreneurs and leaders build remarkable companies. Companies that lead with purpose and values, are profitable, create a positive impact and are fun to work in.
- Co-founded a business and technology consultancy;
- Grew it with clients like Virgin Atlantic, HSBC and Lloyds of London;
- Acquired by a consultancy / full services agency, and joined its board;
- Led turnaround of our largest team, from imploding to becoming a destination employer;
- On the board as we IPOed on AIM, then as we sold the company to a large corporate for over £40 million;
- Led a team of 500 consultants across Europe post-acquisition;
- Started charity which has taken children from war zones and provided trauma therapy to thousands;
- Supported other companies multiply their revenues and profits while deepening their purpose and values;
- Always with humour.
What our clients say
His emphasis on values helped us improve our delivery model, grow our accounts, improve our hiring strategy and improve our overall operations. We substantially grew a number of our main accounts. Our team became happier – we only had one leaver in 12 months.”
Read more –>
Liam McDowell, MD MagenTys
“He understood each value and why it was important to us, and how growing would affect them. He helped with with strategies, implementation, monitoring and execution, and acted as a conscience to keep us true, motivated and moving.”
Sacha Tomey, Founder Adatis
“I chose to engage to get a constructive analysis of our key business processes and operational structures. The ROI was demonstrated by day two. The insights were so powerful that a year-long engagement made complete business sense.” Read More –>
Anders Reeves, CEO Conosco
“We were able to implement real change for good in a way that allowed us to continue with our day to day work as well. We’re now executing our list of actions and findings from the diagnostic process and have totally rethought our business and its ambitions.” Read More –>
Giles Court, MD Silicon Reef
“He changed my attitude towards how growth can be achieved… He helped us have more “courageous conversations” across the team, meaning we are more open and honest about ourselves individually and collectively, and therefore more productive.” Read More –>
David Ellis, MD Station10
“Iyas has brought to us a deep understanding of what it takes to run a successful consulting business, and his advice has proven itself time and time again even when we have been slow to listen! I can highly recommend him as a mentor for any company looking to grow rapidly, sustainably, and on a strong base of values.”
Jon Boxall, MD Wheeve
Apply for programme
The Build on Purpose programme is optimal for digital / tech consultancies and agencies of between 10 and 30 people. Although it delivers a return for organisations beyond this profile, for the beta launch, we are making it as specific as possible and aiming to have a group of peers. Please complete the following questions in order to arrange a conversation.